I’m alive! Been very busy in my new job since very end-July 2017 as a Junior Software Developer. Been concentrating on C#, ASP.Net, Web API, WinForms, some WPF, Wix Toolset even, and lots of SQL Server and some other bits & pieces like Java mobile printing SDK’s and the like.
I can’t even remember how my sites work or much of my network which is why I’m very glad to have notes when I come to update things. But things change. I’m not sure if this was the case when I added Bit Throttling to my old “The Icons” site – maybe I just missed it, or whether some update has unsettled the tolerance or something.
Anyway – I discovered that 2x mp3 tracks (only) out of a set of them, on “The Icons” weren’t being served properly via the Bit Throttler leading to the application pool stopping after a preset failure threshold.
For now, until I get to the bottom of the issue, I’ve had to set “mp3” as a “Data” type rather than “Media”. Presumably there’s some malformed bytes in the mp3 stream that chokes the bit-throttler. Fascinating!
Samples of Lahna’s covers:
|If I Could Turn Back Time|
|Shoop Shoop Song|
|Make You Feel My Love|
|Walking Back to Happiness|